Friday, September 21, 2007

Open Door Policy

It’s so hot, and my house has no windows, so now more than ever I leave my three doors open to encourage air flow. The downside: in the past twenty four hours, FOUR different people have entered my house! Yesterday I was talking to my cute 3 year old neighbor in the yard, then I gave him a little toy to borrow (the technologically-advanced binoculars made from two toilet paper rolls taped together). A few minutes later he sweetly came back to return the toy, and not finding me outside he came right into my bedroom. I couldn’t get him to leave – he loved sitting on my smooth concrete floors!! As I tried in my best guarani to convince him to go home, or at least to leave MY house, I saw with horror that a huge black flea-ridden dog had made himself at home in a corner of another room! Fuera! Get out! Later on my novio also sweetly surprised me by coming on in and scaring me half to death. And this morning while I was in the bathroom my phone rang, and when I came out I found a neighborhood kid there breathlessly informing me that my phone was ringing. Gee, thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home