Feliz Año Nuevo
It's 2008, can you believe it?? I spent New Year's Eve in Asuncion with PC friends. It actually is celebrated here a lot like Christmas Eve - everyone stays home and eats with their families until midnight, and then the parties start. We knew this would be the case but somehow still thought that there would be restaurants open for dinner on New Year's Eve - after searching in vain for an open restaurant we ended up eating greasy hummus at a mall food court. It was frustrating to realize that after nearly two years here I STILL don't really understand how this country works. But we had fun and I head back to site tomorrow - are there really only a hundred and eight days left in Paraguay? (I just told my friend that statistic and her response was "wow, that seems like a reeeeaaalllly long time." Some days I feel that way too.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home