Didactic Materials



Didactic materials
Armed with my fancy new camera, I was thinking about what kinds of things I’ve described so far that are hard to imagine w/o seeing them firsthand. One of those, I think, is didactic materials, about which even I was confused til I saw some examples, and it’s a large percentage of what I’m supposed to be doing here! These are materials, usually made from recycled things, that a teacher can use to help kids learn.
Two examples are the number line, which gives kids a concrete idea of numbers by seeing four apples or whatever the design is up on the wall at all times, and the little number matchboxes I just made. With the number outside and the corresponding number of things inside, kids can “play” but also practice their numbers. And the toilet paper rolls are supposed to be to help with drama or creativity, but mostly I just think they’re funny J
Are there other requests for things to take pictures of?? Having been w/o a camera for six months it feels like I’ve forgotten that I can use it to document what’s happening all the time. Lemme know if there's stuff you want to see!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home