Tuesday, January 15, 2008

monday morning


It’s 915am on Monday January 7. I’m tired and bored. I’ve already been running, eaten breakfast, my house isn’t dirty enough to really require sweeping, laundry’s soaking in the sink. Yawn. Just got text message from a friend – “Am superglueing the wire back into my bra. I think it’s time to go home.” My response was that I’ve already had to sew the wire back into several of my bras, and yes, I agree that it’s time. I tried to be guapa and walked by the nurse’s house, but she’s on vacation, so instead I just bought milk and came back home. Legs are sore from sprinting too fast I think. I have a few things to do but nothing with a deadline, no one will be upset or even notice if these things get done today, or tomorrow, or next week. It’s hard to not fall into the trap, then, of just waiting. At what point does tranquilo become apathy? Several things I want to do today – my work report, wash clothes, wash sheets, prepare for English class tomorrow – but I don’t want to do them now. If I do everything this morning, what will I do this afternoon?? My little neighbor Shirlei just came by. She wants to play, but I said no because today’s not a reading club day and if I let her she’d spend all day every day here. We noticed a strange looking animal on my wall. My theory: a baby bat. But I can’t tell for sure – it won’t fly or even move when we throw things at it. Do I really want to know?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home