Friday, April 18, 2008

the beginning


I am in Asuncion, preparing for tomorrow's flight home, celebrating with friends and closing out all sorts of US government stuff. I can't help but feel like I'm on the verge of a whole new adventure, one for which I've been waiting for a long time and one in which I'll carry with me so many things I've learned during this Paraguayan adventure. I will definitely be taking away from this country so much more than I've given. There may be a few more teachers with some new games, a few kids may read more books, but I can't say I've "changed the world" here. Mostly what I'm leaving behind in Paraguay are friends and family, relationships built across the divides of culture and class and language, forged with respect and love. I am so grateful to have had this amazing opportunity and this incredible support from friends and family and even strangers back in the US. And I hope that this blog has helped somehow to spread a little bit the joy that is Peace Corps, the beauty that is Paraguay, and the hope for a just and kind world. Jaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home