peace corps update
I just spoke with my Peace Corps nurse and she hasn't even looked at my appeal yet :( She reiterated that the most successful appeals have new information with a new diagnosis backed up with medical evidence, which is what I think I have done with the whole "oral allergy syndrome" thing. She said the appeals board (made up of Peace Corps doctors and nurses) is meeting once a week on Wednesdays and is hearing only 2 cases a day, and that she has four in front of her right now to prepare. So basically she wasn't kidding when she said it'd take 2-3 months. She knows I'll be out of the country and has phone numbers for dad and mom both, as well as my email address. She would be calling on a Wednesday, so look for important updates here on Thursdays I guess!!
The Honduras school director (I don't know if she's called a principal!) wrote to me to ask how long I'd be teaching there. I told her that I've planned on staying through the end of the school year in November and travelling a bit through December. After that, it'd be Peace Corps time or other-job-in-Honduras time. I've found out that there will be a bunch of other volunteers at the school while I'm there, so I'll have roommates and English-speaking people around. In an email one of the guys mentioned going to Guatemala in September for a soccer game against the US. I haven't even thought much about the fun stuff I can do while I'm there. This adventure is getting closer and closer!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home