Thursday, November 02, 2006

My Mom...

... is amazing. Not only did she come to visit me in rural Paraguay, she was the first person to visit me here, a guinea pig of sorts. She made it through something like 14 hours of flying to get here, switched planes in Brazil all by herself, travelled with me 8 hours by bus to Tacuati, endured temperatures over the weekend of 126' in the sun and 105' in the shade, as well as two afternoons of rain that left us stuck in the house. She sat through endless conversations in Spanish, many of which were exactly the same ("So how long are you staying? Do you like it here?" and everyone's favorite, "How old are you?"). She drank tons of terere and bonded with my friends, Paraguayans and Americans. She packed nearly 50 pounds of stuff to bring to me and to my friends, including cookies and twizzlers and tank tops and skirts. And we had a great time!

My mom is adventurous and brave and generous, and I am so proud of her!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gracias for enviaring the web site address for your web site. I am paying precious Guaranis to use this computer and so I had to hold back from reading all the entries. I LOVED the one about, and by, your mom. She´s a star. Wow! It explains why you´re such a champ as well, Lori! I´m going to forward your blog address to some folks back home... Suerte.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home