casa exchange
So it looks like I’ll be moving when I get back from vacation. It’s a weird situation, but my landlord’s sister owns a house two houses down from mine that it now vacant, and her brother just moved to town and doesn’t want to live in that house because he wants to keep pigs, and I have a good yard here for keeping pigs. And it turns out that the other house is incredibly Linda, or pretty, with an indoor tiled bathroom and huge kitchen with tiled counters, and seven rooms, and a gorgeous patio with all kinds of fruit trees. Since I had the deal with my landlord to pay to fix up the house up front and then not pay rent for two years, she’ll honor that agreement and I won’t have to pay, which is really generous of her. I’ll miss it here with my shady front porch and being able to sit for hours and watch the motos go by, and even though having the water and bathroom outside is a pain, I’ve gotten used to it by now. I’ll definitely miss this house. But also the new house is much nicer, quieter and more private, and I think I’d like to have a change. Back home when you feel like a change you can buy new furniture or clothes or somehow make things different – here I don’t really have the means of doing that, but this change has fallen into my lap so I’m going to take advantage of it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home