Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Correo -- MAIL!!

I got mail yesterday! It was very exciting, though confusing actually. Here´s the scoop: 2 letters sent from the States on August 15 and 18 respectively arrived in Honduras on the 22nd and 24th and both got to me on August 30 (one of the gringos stops by the post office every day, and sometimes someone from the post office will bring the mail to our house if they´re passing by). The timing of only 2 weeks is pretty impressive I think. However, I believe that there may have been previous letters sent that have not yet reached me, so we´ll see if there´s cause to celebrate or if this quickness was just a fluke.

The airmail stamps cost 80c, and made it to me just fine with the simple "Lori Sandler, Nueva Ocotepeque, Honduras" address. In terms of packages, my mom had sent a 4lb. package that got here in 10 days but cost a whopping $40, so I won´t expect many care packages!! But letters, on the other hand ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori,
I'm getting together some language/teaching ideas for you. Do you need more books for different levels of reading, or teaching materials?
The pics you posted of the children are precious.
Debbie Gilbert

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home