Monday, October 17, 2005

La Ceiba Weekend

I don´t really feel like writing about this, the only bad weekend I´ve spent here so far, so I´ll just give the highlights and lowlights to keep you all up to date:

Highlights: lunch at Wendy´s, two dinners at Pizza Hut, an awesome carne asada on an outdoor patio restaurant, shopping at the mall in a department store that felt (and cost) like Macy´s, getting advice from Matt and Sim before we left on where to go in Ceiba (it´s a famous party/beach/hiking town), playing Miss PacMan at Expatriate´s bar, watching bits and pieces of tv in English -- we watched Letterman, Seinfeld, Sex and the City, Home Improvement, Bridget Jones´s Diary 2, Kevin Hill, Everwood, American Pie 2, Saturday Night Live, and buying nice $6 shoes to wear with my skirts at the conference this week so I look a little more professional

Lowlights: having a hotel room the first night off the lobby so that we could hear everyone who came in and out and when someone tried to get in at 3am and kept ringing and ringing and ringing the doorbell and we didn´t really sleep at all, rain and clouds so we couldn´t go to the beach or the mountains like we planned, having some guy stick his hand through the broken window in our hotel room in the middle of the night and almost steal Kelly´s purse, paying lots of money to get into a cool club ($5 to get in, $1.50 drinks - unheard of here!), almost paying $40 to take a guided trip to the mountains then deciding not to because of the rain, being stuck in rain that was so heavy that it flooded the street to the point where you couldn´t see the curb or sidewalk any more, losing my iPod (I´m pretty sure I just forgot it somewhere, tho it´s possible that it´s stolen I guess), going back to the hotels to see if I had left my iPod there and trying to describein spanish what an iPod is ("a small computer for playing music, about this size and silver" was the best I could do), trying to shop at the mall but not being able to afford the $60 pants and $30 tops that were really cute on me, buying the wrong bus ticket on the way home and having to argue with the guy in spanish to get a refund, and not being able to listen to my iPod on the 8 hour bus ride home :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home