Friday, October 07, 2005

my week

The job hunting continues today ... The guy at Project Honduras forwarded my message along on the e-forums that he runs and I´ve gotten a bunch of responses already, so hopefully I´ll make some progress that way. I´m really excited about those possibilities actually, b-c I´ll be able to make contacts over the next few weeks and then hopefully meet people/interview/get a job at the conference on the 22nd!!

I also received (well, my mom did) the official rejection letter from the Peace Corps, which actually says I can make one more appeal to the Director of Medical Services!!! I was a little upset when I found that out, b-c I had finally gotten to a place where I was ok with where everything is going in my life (well, mostly ok), and now it turns out there´s a tiny sliver of hope for the Peace Corps after all. So I think I´m going to send in the appeal (well, have my mom send in the letter) just so that I´m literally doing everything possible, but the chances are less than slim that I´ll get in. In the meantime, my hopes are nowhere near up and I´ll focus instead on opportunities here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home