Saturday, December 31, 2005

Christmas in Florida

Just spent a great few days in Florida with my Nana, aunts and cousins. It was a bit dramatic b/c on Christmas morning a cabinet full of dishes fell on Nana's head and we ended up in the emergency room!!! She was fine, with three staples and surprisingly high spirits, a real Christmukkah miracle. The next day, I got cooking lessons from my aunt, the best cook in the whole world, and we all enjoyed far too much of the delicious vegetable alfredo lasagna and pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. Then we had an emotional day at the cemetary unveiling the gravestone for Papa, a Jewish tradition. The week went by fast and was full of drama, but I'm so glad I got to spend time with the family there.

Since I've been back in the States I've seen some great movies -- I recommend King Kong, Syriana, Harry Potter 4, and Memoirs of a Geisha. There are so many more to see!!

Am in DC now for New Years, and will be in New York soon....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home