Tuesday, December 06, 2005

San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua

It turns out I won´t see much of Nicaragua after all, but what I´ve seen is absolutely beautiful. In Managua I met up with a Swedish girl named Jenie who also wanted some serious beach time, and the two of us have passed several happy days lying on the beach here. We staked out the best spot, in front of Ricardo´s bar, where there are both reclining chairs and hammock-y beach chairs, and umbrellas for shade. And, of course, we can order drinks such as Oreo licuados (!) and Victorias (the national beer here). And, the sun sets right in front of us. Daily activities have been pretty much limited to that, plus an occasional walk back to the hotel for peanut butter sandwiches :)

I´ll stay here for two more days, possibly walking up the hill for a great view of the beach, and also taking a boat to another beach farther north that´s a bit more deserted. I saw on the news yesterday that it´s 38 degrees in New York, and I intend to make the most of this weather while I´ve got it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home