Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I Heart NY

I've been back in New York for a week or so, and will stay a week more, and I just love it so much! There's so much energy here, so much to see and do. I've been staying with my grandparents in Queens, enjoying their apartment's pool and exercise room. My mom and sister were in town for the weekend and we had some good times and fabulous dinners with aunts and cousins, and I managed to squeeze in a visit to the new MOMA ($20 regularly, but free on Fridays from 4-8pm).

Now I'm staying in Manhattan through the weekend, thanks to my friend Amanda's generous donation of her apartment keys while she's away on vacation. I can't wait to catch up with everyone, and there are lots of other (free) things I want to do while I'm here too, before the weather creeps back down to freezing again.

In my other world, I have made plane reservations for Peace Corps training (called "Staging" if you want to be in the know) to Miami the morning of January 30th for a few days of "comfort", and then to Paraguay the night of February 1st to begin for real!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home