we did it!
April 27, 2007
We waited and waited and hoped and hoped, and finally, after an all-day rain on Thursday, we got the cold weather!!!! My thermometer says it’s 68’f, but it’s the coldest 68’ I’ve ever felt. I’m wearing wool socks, sweatpants, a tshirt, longsleeved tshirt and a sweatshirt w the hood up. I’ve never been a fan of cold weather, but I’m so happy it’s turned colder here. For one thing, it heats up during the day when the sun’s out, so it’s rarely the dreary-cold-grey-depressing weather I hate. And the ‘winter’ here really means a few days of winter followed by a few days of summer – they’re predicting it’ll get hot again next week. So mostly it’s just about a nice change of pace from the ‘hot all day and night’ summer months.
Plus there’s something incredibly nostalgic about winter. Today I came home from school and made a cup of hot cocoa, and that’s something very American, or at least New England-er, and comforting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home