Monday, July 16, 2007

half marathon training update

Apparently I’m motivated only by fear. Back when the Asuncion Half Marathon was scheduled for July 1 I was training like a mad woman, for fear of looking stupid or collapsing in front of everybody. I found that I liked running, but only incidentally it appears. Because now that the half marathon is postponed indefinitely, I’m finding it hard to get up the ganas to go running. Before, there was the fear factor, and also the reasonable certainty of a warm shower at the end of a run, which has recently been missing due to frequent electricity and water outages. This morning I got up early to run, but I saw that there was electricity to heat the water AND water at that very moment, and that the odds have been recently that to wait half an hour means that you’ll be lacking one or the other of those important ingredients, so I bit the bullet and jumped in the shower without running even a meter. So much for training L No, I haven’t given up yet. Hopefully this windy season will be over soon and then I’ll jump back on the horse. By running past the horses, and cows, and pigs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home