Thursday, July 21, 2005

on-line garage sale

I am in love with this group. Freecycle is super simple: the idea is that instead of throwing stuff away, you can find other people who need those items by posting online. The reverse works too (teachers, listen up): you can post for stuff you need/want and hopefully people write back who want to give it to you. FOR FREE!

I posted yesterday a list of all the stuff I need to get rid of (I tried selling them on Craigslist but noone was interested!). Within hours I got over 60 responses, and I set up "office hours" for today and tomorrow for people to come by and take what they want. It's been an interesting range of people so far - a hippie girl w/ purple hair, a pregnant woman, someone who's trying to set up an apartment for an elderly lady so it looks nicer, a single mom in my neighborhood, etc.

Everybody should check it out! Freecycle

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori,
Thanks for the link to Freecycle.
We met at your mom's. Now I'm following your journey-hope you don't mind. I admire your spirit and courage!
Debbie Gilbert
djdgil@comcast.net

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home