Friday, August 12, 2005

Papa

I´ve been trying to keep this blog, and my life really, all light and fun, but it´s been a week now that Papa (my dad´s dad, in Florida) has been in the hospital. He fell and broke his hip just before I left, then had a heart attack in the hospital, and now after surgery he has a shunt in his one remaining artery. I think that´s right, tho I could be wrong about the details. He was moved out of intensive care a few days ago, and the doctors were surprised that he made it, but I got an email from my brother that Papa is now back in ICU with a 10% chance of surviving.

So the reality is that there´s some pretty scary stuff going on. I´m so glad that I can email and find out what´s happening, which is almost as fast as calling. And if I were in New York still I´d be in the same position, right? My dad has the number of the school principal so he can call me there in case of emergency, and one of the PC guys was just going to get a cell phone today so I´m going to see if he was successful, and if so if I can give them his number.

I feel weird writing about this personal thing, but it seems like I tend to not think about it much, which is so terrible. I leave the ¨real world¨ of the internet and then get caught up in other things and excitement around here. I´m so glad I´m going to be in town this weekend....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there honey... I know it's hard to be far away when there's big family emergency stuff going on, but you're absolutely right; you're pretty well connected down there, and staying in touch with the fam is about all you'd be able to do under any circumstances

Stay strong and hang in; te mando abrazos grandes...

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home