Wednesday, October 26, 2005

a happier, sunnier day

First of all, I´m excited to announce that the rainy season is officially over here! It has been sunny and warm during the day, tho the mornings and nights are actually a bit chilly (well, sometimes I wear a sweater. It´s not as chilly as, say, New England). It´s soooooooooo much nicer to have sunshine in the afternoon, tho it´s hard to find a spot to enjoy it in town. Sunbathing in the park isn´t really encouraged here :(

Secondly, school ends next Wednesday!! The summer vacation here begins mid-November and lasts through February (apparently that´s the season for harvesting coffee), and while the school will have a graduation ceremony on Nov 15 that I want to go to, I´ll be officially free after that. I´m thinking I´ll go to the Bay Islands for that week and a half in between, then return to Ocotepeque and hopefully generate some sort of plan for the next few months. I know I need to balance out the agony of waiting with the desire to travel with the need to budget, and right now without any sort of time frame for the Peace Corps I can´t really figure anything out. So for now, I´m waiting and planning a big beach trip for next Thursday!!! As for the rest, vamos a ver....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home