Today I´m Feeling ....
- tired. I´ve been celebrating with friends now for four days in a row (I was going to say nights but the truth is that I had my first beer at about 1pm on Saturday). 7am came WAY too early this morning!
- antsy. I haven´t heard from my placement officer yet. Hopefully she spent all day today looking for the perfect nut-less spot to place me, starting early next year. The placement usually is the fastest part of the process. I hope it´s not a bad sign that it´s taking longer, tho I need to realize that a day is nowhere near "long" in terms of PC bureaucracy.
- freaked out. Do you realize that I´ll be leaving in 2006 and returning back to the States in 2008 sometime???? (I´ll have missed almost the entire second Bush term!) I´ll be 32 years old, nearly in my mid-thirties by then. Wow.
- a little bit sad. I enjoyed my students today, they were much cuter and funner than last week (I´m sure that has nothing to do with my improved mood!). And I sat this morning watching them goof around and play soccer at recess and realized that this whole experience is coming to an end, and I got a bit melancholy. There´s only about 2 more weeks of school to go (we´re still not sure exactly when we´ll end!), and then this whole Ocotepeque part of my life will be over. Of course I´m excited for what´s coming next, but I really am happy here and will be sad to leave. I´ve started thinking about souvenirs too -- I´ll definitely be bringing back a hammock for my eventual apartment in New York.
- a little amazed at how life works sometimes. Yesterday we (about 10 of us bilingual teachers and PC people from all around Honduras who came to hang out with Sim and celebrate his last day in Honduras before he returns home to the States) ate Chinese food, shared a giant chocolate bar from Cleveland, and watched the World Series game (yes, we were still in Honduras). But the weird thing was that then everybody wanted to watch the movie Garden State. Those of you who have been following my drama all year may remember that that was the movie that I watched LAST October 23 that got my mind all spinning and kicked off the Peace Corps application process. And coming full circle, I watched it again yesterday. What is the universe doing to me???
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home