It's hard being a grandparent ... and having grandparents too
My gallavanting in New York City has been interrupted by my grandma (mom's mom) being admitted to the hospital last weekend. She has heart and lung problems (so don't smoke!) and is doing much better now than she was last week. She'll be going to rehab later this week to get her strength back. I've been staying here all week (joined by my mom, which was an unexpected bonus!) spending time with her and my grandfather. Speaking of my grandfather, as if taking care of ONE hospitalized grandparent wasn't enough, he tripped in the hospital lobby last week, which led to some sort of seizure, and was ALSO admitted overnight. Turns out he's fine and was discharged the next day, but my mom and I had an interesting night in the ER followed by a morning of visiting BOTH of them on different floors of the hospital!
I never thought I'd be looking forward to Peace Corps in order to relax!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home