Monday, July 16, 2007

heta la yvytu (lots of wind)

It’s very windy!! Usually August is the dry, windy month in Paraguay, but the seasons seem to be coming early this year for whatever reason, and we have a dry, windy July. So windy that tree branches are knocking out power lines, leaving us without electricity and water (because of the electric water pumps) and cell service (because our cell tower uses electricity) for a good part of every day. I’ve taken to showering when I can, just because I never know when I’ll have enough water to do so again. Everyone is in a crabby mood, without fans or ice for terere. I had a killer headache today and was hoping it signaled a change in weather, namely rain, but the skies are clear again and looks like we’ll be waiting a bit longer for a much needed storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home