time
It’s funny the way time passes here. The days and weeks can drag, but the months and now years are flying by. I notice time passing only relative to certain things. The babies are bigger, talking or walking already. It’s June again, which means more San Juan festivals (see photos). I remember last year I was still pretty new and struggled to find people to talk to at the San Juans, but now I almost have too many people to chat with. And I know that after San Juan, it’s soon July vacation, then September fiesta patronal (patron saint of the town), then it’s fin de año (new years) already. Then it’s April and then I’m outta here. It sounds silly to write it like this but I feel it. And I’m not sure how I feel about it. I’m not ready to leave yet, I haven’t gotten to know people enough, haven’t really developed any of the projects I’ve started. Obviously I’m not leaving anytime soon but it still feels a little strange. Where has the time gone? What do I have to show for this past year and a half??

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home