Friday, October 26, 2007

fiesta patronal













This year’s fiesta patronal, the two weeks of activities celebrating the anniversary of the founding of Tacuati, was much more enjoyable than last year’s, just because I know more people now and also because I don’t feel like I have to go to every single event. I went to one soccer game, the music and dance show, and was just too tired to go out at 8pm one night for bingo. It was interesting for me to witness the processional, which I missed last year because it was raining so not many people showed up apparently. This year’s was hard to miss. The streets were decorated with little homemade crepe paper banners and hundreds of people passed by my house, led by the pa’i, as we call the Italian Catholic priest who runs the church here. So once again, feliz cumpleaños Tacuati!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home