Sunday, November 25, 2007

vacation!

I don't have my camera with me so can't upload the photos, but suffice it to say that Uruguay was gorgeous, if somewhat cold and cloudy. With fellow PC volunteer Dani I spent a fabulous week in Piriapolis, Punta del Este and Montevideo. The weather didn't really facilitate the "lie on the beach all day" plans, so like all good Peace Corps Volunteers we stayed flexible and improvised with "watch cable tv and eat lots of great food" plans. We made it back to Paraguay in time for a delicious sushi Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, and spent the weekend at PC Paraguay's annual Thanksgiving retreat. Again "lie by the pool all day" plans were replaced by "cheer on my friends during the beer pong competition" plans (and unintended "eat so much at Thanskgiving dinner that you can't sleep that night" plans) . I've had a great time but I'm tired, and also ready to head home and start my summer activities. Time is flying by......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home