Monday, February 04, 2008

the roller coaster continues

Despite being so anxious to get back to site after more than two weeks away for vacation/CoS conference, despite knowing that every day left in Paraguay is precious and that I should be taking advantage of every moment, I still find myself unable to get out of bed after siesta today, and hoping every time the sun goes behind a cloud that it’s going to rain. I actually do have things to do – preparing the presentation for the trainees next week, completing more of the COS paperwork, working on my resume, sorting through papers to start cleaning out the house, making materials to use up the piles of yogurt containers I still have, not to mention the general bonding with the people here – but I don’t feel like doing anything. I have English class this afternoon, but that’s not interesting to me any more since the vast majority of students don’t come regularly and thus aren’t really learning anything. And though 100 days left can seem like little, today it seems like there is plenty of time and there’s no rush to do anything at all. In the words of my dear friend Dani, “I’m done.” It’s time to go. That’s how it feels today at least. We’ll see how I feel tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home